Please register in advance to attend this online event.
Tickets to the virtual showcase: $25.00
- This ticket gives you access to the live, virtual showcase, as well as priority access to recorded talks.
Tickets to the virtual showcase and lab tour (Thursday, Sept. 22, 2022): Sales have ended.
- This ticket gives you access to the virtual showcase, priority access to recorded talks, and an in-person lab tour for Thursday, Sept. 22, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Lunch is provided.
- Please note that lab tour tickets must be purchased by Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2022, to ensure catering needs.
The Minnesota Aquatic Invasive Species Research Center (MAISRC) invites you to our annual AIS Research and Management Showcase on Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. This one-day, completely online event is a chance to hear updates from our research teams on their latest discoveries in the world of aquatic invasive species (AIS).
About the Event:
- All sessions will be live streamed. All sessions (with the exception of the poster sessions) will be recorded.
- Recorded talks will be uploaded to the MAISRC YouTube channel and made available to Showcase attendees after the event, with ticketed attendees receiving priority access.
- At the end of each session, there will be time for a live Q&A with the presenting researcher(s).
- Sessions are concurrent - there will be three sessions to choose from per time slot.
- In-person lab tour tickets can be added onto your Showcase ticket. Pick the day that works with your schedule.
We are excited to continue offering in-person lab tours as part of the (virtual) Showcase. This fall, we will offer lab tours on two days: Thursday, Sept. 22 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and Saturday, Sept. 24 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
This will be an exciting time to visit the lab as we have projects underway in: genetic biocontrol of zebra mussels and common carp, bigheaded carp deterrents, hybrid cattail management, hybrid watermilfoil herbicide trials, and raising zebra mussels in the lab.
Participants will get a chance to tour the lab facility and meet members of each research team. Following the tour, we’ll all share lunch provided by MAISRC and have additional time to chat and network.
Parking passes will be provided. Space is limited to 40 participants per day, so get your ticket today. Masks are strongly encouraged.
Minnesota Sea Grant Presenters:
John A. Downing, director, Minnesota Sea Grant, University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota Duluth.
Amy Schrank, fisheries and aquaculture extension educator, Minnesota Sea Grant, University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota Duluth.
If you have questions about the Research and Management Showcase, please email MAISRC: email@example.com.
Image credit: M. Thoms.