Minnesota Sea Grant's current list of funded extension projects
- Increasing Environmental Literacy Through a Parent/Child. $18,500. USDI, NPS. Kitson. Ends 9/30/23.
- Great Lakes Sea Grant Aquaculture Collaborative. $1,026,772. USDC/NOAA. Schrank. Ends 8/31/23.
- Extending Impact of U.S. EPA's Great Lakes National Program Office Using Sea Grant Outreach Capacity. $216,196. EPA. Ends 8/31/23.
- Kitson. $130,758 received.
- Kitson. $64,438 received.
- Thoms $21,000 received.
- Enhancing Habitat and Diversity in Cattail Dominated Shorelines. $338,066. LCCMR. Schrank. Ends 6/30/23.
- Determining Market Potential for Food-Fish Aquaculture in Minnesota. $249,052. Ends 11/30/23.
- Schrank. $92,237 received.
- Peterson. $156,815 received.
- Increasing Local Food Security: Best Practices and Cost Estimates for Rearing Yellow Perch in Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS). $134,879. NOAA. Schrank. Ends 8/31/23.
- Increase Golden Shiner Production to Protect Aquatic Communities. $188,000. LCCMR. Schrank. Ends 6/30/24.
- Development of Consumer Education Materials on Seafood and Aquaculture. $150,731. North Central Regional Aquaculture Center. Schrank. Ends 8/31/23.
- Advancing the Great Lakes Aquaculture Collaborative. $425,000. USDC/NOAA. Schrank. $218,011 received. Ends 8/31/24.
- Bugs Below Zero: Engaging Citizens in Winter Research. $198,000. LCCMR. Swenson, Ferrington, McKay, and Schrank. Ends 6/30/25.
- Drowning Hotspots in the St. Louis River Estuary: Characterizing, Forecasting, and Risk Communication. $51,395. MN DNR/NOAA. Filstrup and Prihoda. Ends 11/30/23.
- Tracing Atmospherically Deposited PFAS from Source to Sediment in the Great Lakes Region. USDI U.S. Geological Survey. $151,243. Peterson, Frie, Griffis, Sprague, Ulrich. Ends 12/18/25.
National Sea Grant Office-funded, active projects by Minnesota Sea Grant staff.
- Partners in Education (PIE) FY 20-22 RA. $ 44,544. Downing. Ends 1/31/24.
- NOAA Rapid Response Funding II. Ends 1/31/24.
- Recreational Survey. $33,540. Rodman.
- Charter Captain. $14,564. Schrank.
- SARS-COV-2. $1,896. Melvin.
- Watershed Game Education Program Project Phase II support from NOAA Regional Collaboration Teams. $30K. Bilotta. Ends 6/30/23.
- One Block at a Time: community-driven planning and implementation of multibenefit green infrastructure in marginalized neighborhoods across the Great Lakes. $46,195. Rodman. Ends 1/31/24.
- Supporting a sustainable aquaculture industry in Minnesota. $103,809. Schrank. Ends 1/31/25.
- Code Audits & Community-Government Partnerships. $125,000. Rodman. Ends 1/31/24.
Last updated: 1/30/2023.