Minnesota Sea Grant will be facilitating a Watershed Game workshop for educators hosted by Oregon Sea Grant. Learn how to play and administer the Watershed Game: Classroom Version - Coast Model, an interactive outreach tool used to help participants learn how land use affects water quality and natural resources. Participants will leave ready to facilitate game play with their students. If two or more educators from the same school attend the workshop, their school will be provided with a free copy of the Watershed Game: Classroom Version — Coast Model.
- This workshop is geared towards educators.
- The Watershed Game: Classroom Version - Coast Model is designed for use with middle school students (grades 6-8) and high school students (grades 9-12), but can easily be modified to use with elementary and college students.
Saturday, December 2, 2023, 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. PT.
Hatfield Marine Science Center. 2030 SE Marine Science Dr., Newport, OR 97365.
- Maggie Karschnia, stormwater extension educator, Minnesota Sea Grant and Water Resource Center.
- John Bilotta, water resource management and policy extension educator and research and extension coordinator, Minnesota Sea Grant and Water Resource Center.
- Cait Goodwin, special projects coordinator, Oregon Sea Grant.
Maggie Karschnia, stormwater extension educator, Minnesota Sea Grant and Water Resource Center.
Image credit: MNSG