North Central Regional Aquaculture Conference 2023 (Day 1 of 2)
2/17/23, 8:00 am - 2/17/23, 4:00 pm
Dates and times
- This is a two-day event:
- Friday, February 17, 2023, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT.
- Saturday, February 18, 2023, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. CT.
- The Lismore Hotel Eau Claire - DoubleTree by Hilton (333 Gibson St, Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701)
- Buy tickets online at wisconsinaquaculture.com.
- Registration ends Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
- To attend Friday and Saturday - $150
- To attend Friday only - $100
- To attend Saturday only - $70
The North Central Regional Aquaculture Conference 2023 (NCRAC) is jointly hosted by the Wisconsin Aquaculture Association and the Minnesota Aquaculture Association.
- Sessions will include topics such as:
- Real-world aquaculture farmer experiences
- How to start an aquaculture business
- Developments in the bait industry
- Developments in percid, shrimp and salmonid culture
- Aquaculture education
- Updates on regional aquaculture research projects
- Minnesota Sea Grant (MNSG) staff and collaborators will provide updates on MNSG projects:
- Great Lakes Aquaculture Collaborative by Amy Schrank, extension program leader; fisheries and aquaculture extension educator, MNSG.
- Egg-to-Market Yellow Perch Project by Kieran Smith, aquaculture extension associate, MNSG.
- Increasing Golden Shiner Bait Production in Minnesota by Don Schreiner, fisheries specialist, MNSG.
- Aquaculture Market Study by Hikaru Peterson, co-principal investigator and professor of applied economics, University of Minnesota.
- Daily conference agenda
Who should attend?
- The North Central Regional Aquaculture Conference is for:
- Current aquaculture producers
- Future aquaculture producers
- Aquaculture researchers
- K-12 teachers
- Anyone interested in aquaculture
- For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image credit: ©Damian Horațiu Sultănoiu. stock.adobe.com