Image credit: Oregon State University/CC 2.0
The goal of this project is to characterize the size and weathering of plastic particles in Lake Superior and the St. Louis Estuary.
Why do this
This project seeks to address knowledge gaps regarding smaller-size microplastics, which are considered to be significantly biologically active.
Minnesota Sea Grant provided research support through our 2020-2022 biennial competitive Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
University of Minnesota Duluth
- Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences,
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources,
- University of Minnesota, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry,
- University of Minnesota, Duluth, Biology Department,
- University of Minnesota, Duluth, Large Lakes Observatory,