Minnesota Sea Grant typically offers four, small fast-track and/or program development grants of up to $10,000 (cost-share or match not required) for 6-12 months each year to respond rapidly to:
- Urgent and/or unforeseen needs
- For exploratory research to collect preliminary data prior to submitting a full proposal submission
Fast-track and program development grant must be:
- About Minnesota’s aquatic resources
- Applied and useful to our clients immediately or in the very near term (< 2 year)
- Of practical importance to the communities and clients served by our program
How to apply.
The application and review process is simplified and compressed. >Email an abstract of your idea to Valerie Brady MNSG associate director for research. If your proposal idea supports our mission, goals, objectives and research funding priorities, then you may be invited to submit a mini-proposal. All mini-proposal invitations will be via email with instructions for proposal submissions using our eSeaGrant system, a web-based tool for submitting, reviewing, updating and tracking proposals and projects.
Any proposal requesting funding in excess of $10,000 will receive external review.