Graduate Research Assistant (08/22/2022 - 05/19/2024)
What I do for Sea Grant
Conduct outreach for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Great Lakes Sediment Surveillance Project (GLSSP), including:
- Work with GLSSP researchers to understand their sample collection and analysis methods, quality assurance and control procedures, and results.
- Develop non-technical education and outreach materials to demonstrate the importance of the GLSSP to researchers, stakeholders, and/or the public.
- Increase understanding of persistent bioaccumulative toxic chemicals and why people living in the Great Lakes region should care about them.
I am from eastern Iowa and my current passions are in scientific communication and ornithology. My current work is focused on the Great Lakes sedimentation project and building an outreach program for the researchers and their project findings.
- M.A. Environmental Outdoor Education (in progress)
- University of Minnesota Duluth
- B.S. Environmental Sciences and Biology
- University of Iowa