Dinner on the Lakes is an informal talk series developed by educators for educators and their families. We invite you to cozy up to your computer with your dinner and your family to listen and participate in the topic of the evening. Participants will learn about upcoming events and opportunities and can network with each other in this growing community of practice. This event is hosted by Minnesota Sea Grant and the Center for Great Lakes Literacy and is funded by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative.
The third Tuesday of every month from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. January - May 2021
- May 18 - Citizen Science with Students by Jennifer Flynn, Hermantown Elementary School
- January 19 - Partners in Education goes online - virtual programming for 3rd grade and up, by Cole Fisher, PIE Coordinator
- February 16 - Animal Encounters in a Virtual World by Danielle Tikalsky, Great Lakes Aquarium
- March 16 - iNaturalist and the Center for Great Lakes Literacy (CGLL) Great Lakes Bioblitz, by Marte Kitson, Minnesota Sea Grant
- April 20 - Discovering Vernal Pools by Billie Waugh, South Terrace Elementary School
Formal and informal teachers and educators
Wherever you have an internet connection
Marte Kitson, environmental literacy extension educator, Minnesota Sea Grant, email@example.com, 218-726-8305.