- Registration form. Please register for this event to attend. There is no cost of attendance.
- This is an in-person event at Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, Ashland, Wisconsin.
- This event is open to all Coastal Hazards of Superior (CHAOS) Community of Practice members and local leaders.
- Space is limited to 25 attendees.
- Attendees are responsible for their own transportation to and from the event location.
- Specific location addresses will be emailed to registered attendees.
- Snacks and drinks will be provided at each event.
The Coastal Hazards of Superior (CHAOS) Community of Practice will host three in-person events in January 2023:
- January 10, 2023, from 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. at Tettegouche State Park, Silver Bay, Minnesota.
- January 11, 2023, from 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. at Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, Ashland, Wisconsin.
- January 12, 2023, from 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. at Lake Superior Estuarium, Superior, Wisconsin.
Join us for one of three in-person opportunities to play Minnesota Sea Grant's new Coast Model of the Local Leader Version of the Watershed Game. Have fun while learning about practices, plans and policies that can improve and protect the quality of coastal areas.
The Coast Model of the Local Leader Version includes Great Lakes coastal and land uses, integrates nonpoint source pollution and incorporates an element of community resilience to flooding.
Participants will work in teams to reduce pollution and increase their community's resilience to flooding to achieve winning the game.
CHAOS strives to make programming accessible and accommodating to all in attendance. We invite you to make our event planning team aware of accommodations and/or accessibility requests that will allow you to participate fully in this event. Please reach out to Sarah Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or with any requests or questions about accommodations at these events.
Minnesota Sea Grant Resilience Extension Educator, Madison Rodman, email@example.com.
Image credit: Minnesota Sea Grant