Job Announcement: Climate Change Extension Educator
See Job ID #310462 at http://humanresources.umn.edu/jobs.
The Minnesota Sea Grant Program seeks a Climate Change Extension Educator. The full-time position is located on the Duluth campus of the University of Minnesota. Job responsibilities include developing and leading MN Sea Grant's climate outreach, helping Lake Superior coastal communities identify climate adaptation needs, and working on statewide climate adaptation efforts with partners.
- A Master's degree from regionally accredited institution or equivalent, with emphasis on environmental studies or science, urban and regional planning, public policy, geography, climatology, civil/environmental engineering, natural resource management, environmental education, biology, or other fields related to climate change.
- Demonstrated knowledge of climate change science through coursework, work experience, or publications.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating climate science to non-scientists.
- Demonstrated experience in providing educational programming to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, planning, and implementing education or outreach programs.
The University of Minnesota requires that you apply online for this position. For a complete position description and information on how to apply online, visit http://humanresources.umn.edu/jobs.
Complete applications will be reviewed beginning August 1, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Posted on July 26, 2016